Castle Craig, north shore of the Black Isle, Scotland
Castle Craig is the ruins of the last castle on the north shore of the Black Isle and consists of a tower house and its enclosure which is currently the site of an archeological dig by Loyola University in New Orleans. It is the ancestral home of Clan Urquhart which acquired the land and tower house in 1561 from the Bishop of Ross. The Urquharts had been the sheriffs of the Black Isle for centuries. It sits on a bluff above the Cromarty Firth. It is still owned by the Clan and there is now some interest by historic Scotland in stablizing and restoring the site to prevent further deterioration and also as a historic site on the Black Isle.
Castle CraigcastleClan UrquhartCromarty FirthBlack Isle